Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Breathe


Sit up straight and close your eyes.

Take a deep breath.

No, too fast. Don't rush this.

Do it again. Slowly.

With that one breath, another moment passed by. One more chance to breathe that you'll never get again. One more minute passed into history. 

It's New Years Eve. A few more hours and, for me, 2012 will be no more.

I look back at the last year. I see tears, smiles, laughter. I see mistakes and triumphs. I see a life slowly unfolding before my very eyes--my own life.

And one more thing.

I see God's fingerprints. All over. Everywhere I look.

He was leading in 2012.

I look forward, encouraged to bury the past and embrace the future. Hopeful that God is still working in my heart and in the hearts of those I love. But then, how can I be sure of where to place my feet in the coming year?

God was leading yesterday.

Therefore, He will be leading tomorrow. 

2012 was orchestrated by God.

So will 2013 be.

If I want it to be that way.

And I do. 

I'm sitting on the front of porch of my home in Thailand. A new year approaches me, calling for changes, for new experiences, for God's will to be done, and for wonderful things that I can't even imagine.

And I breathe. Deeply.

After all, time is short.

I can't afford to lose the moment. This moment.

God's voice penetrates the silence. Just hold on; wait a little longer. Bury the past, look forward to what I have in store for you. Don't fear what you don't know--don't run from the unknown. Face it with a smile. Be the young woman I have created you to be...  

Breathe.

Again.

And again.

Eyes close. Thoughts fill.

One more breath goes by...

...and a year full of change, the unknown, tears, laughter, joy and sorrow, takes one step closer to me.

Let come what may.

I am in the hand of God Almighty.

And nothing shall come to this heart but what He allows.

1 comment:

  1. Safe in the arms of Jesus, close to His gentle breast, and with His love o'er shaded, sweetly my soul doth rest......

    ReplyDelete