Saturday, September 8, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to my bedroom! A mat on the floor with a couple of sheets, a tiny pillow, and my stuff organizedly piled in the corner. Oh, and the fan. 

The mosquito net its up in this picture, but at night it comes down and I tuck it underneath the mat to keep unwelcome guests out.

My room from the outside. Those, believe it or not, are plastic sleeping mats hanging from the ceiling. They really make nice walls.

Everyone wonders about the "facilities." This is the shower: complete with running water, a concrete tub full of water, and occasionally a gecko, snail, praying mantis or random flying beetle (all of which I have encountered while within those premises thus far).

The handled dipper on the ledge there is for dipping water out and pouring it all over yourself. You can either do it that way, or use the shower head. Both options come with cold water, so it's up to you whether you get it over all at once, or if you take the Thai water torture route. Really, it's your shower. It's up to you.

Need I say more? This is remarkably modern: in other words, it's not a bush or a hole in the ground behind a bush... and it's inside. 

View out one of the windows by the hammock. Out trusty station wagon.

And here's the kitchen. There's a double burner propane stove on the right, our water dispenser on the far left, assorted medicinal bottles on the left table, and several other things. You can't see them real well, but the feet of the table to the left are sitting in dishes of water. The reason for that is ant-proofing. 

Here's a Thai dishwasher! 

Out the back door. The scenery is gorgeous out here. I'll be getting some more pictures of that up as I can.

These little guys are everywhere except in my clothes and in my food. Good thing I like lizards.

The hallway/half of the livingroom, with my room down at the end. If you were standing where I was, the room with the kitchen, shower and bathroom in it would be behind you. The main door is around the corner to the left up ahead.

And, at last, the porch! That's the Adams truck in the background, I believe, and assorted boxes and whatnot that have yet to be put away.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mother and Dad shared these pictures with the Members at Church during Church Alive time. We all loved them so much. I had to laugh at the facilities that you show. The shower looks just like the arrangement in my Uncles' homes in Panama. I always wore rubber flip flops, and our showers are always cold or should I say tepid water. Unheated anyway. Takes a bit to get used to but the body adapts. Much more primitive than I would like to live, but you are young and flexible. Praise God for your enthusiasm and thank you for blogging. Blessings, Wanda Lou and David

    ReplyDelete